- 22 May 2011
- New book: Canadian National Railways Diesel Locomotives
- 30 May 2010
- CN Lines SIG name change approved by executive. The association is now know as the Canadian National Railways Historical Association (CNRHA)
- 6 January 2008
- Added LCP30 Engine Diagram
- Added caboose drawings and steel reefer drawings
- 16 December 2007
- Added A Guide to Estate Planning for Model Railroaders and Collectors
- 14 October 2007
- Added CNR Locomotive Diagrams
- 6 October 2007
- Added a page for complete articles from CN Lines
- 15 March 2007
- Several 2007 events
- 13 March 2007
- CN Lines topical index compiled by Ed Freeman
- 4 September 2006
- Volume 13, Issue 4 of CN Lines magazine now available
- 5 August 2006
- Dugald Train Disaster, Memories from 1947 now available
- 14 April 2006
- Volume 13, Issue 3 of CN Lines magazine now available
- 24 March 2006
- Site rebuilt on new domain, cnlines.ca.
- 31 October 2004
- Updated locomotive info, CNcyclopedia.
- 28 September 2004
- Updated info and forms for Golden Rails 2005 in
the Events section.
- 10 September 2004
- Added details of Golden Rails 2005 in the
- 30 April 2004
- Added privacy statement, accessible from main page.
- 18 February 2004
- This site is updated periodically. Most updates
are minor in nature, adding recent events to locomotive fleet histories
in the CNcyclopedia, for example. These do not get recorded in this list
of what's new due to their minor nature. On this date, the PROJECTS
section and the Paint page in the MODELLING section were updated to
update information on CN Lines decals, number paints, and special paint.
- 13 January 2003
- Updated Basler Index in the Modelling section.
Updated diesel locomotive roster and fleet histories in the
- 28 December 2002
- Updated proto info in Modelling section.
- 4 December 2002
- Added new model of the month in Modelling
- 13 November 2002
- Updated CNcyclopedia, mostly locomotive fleet
- 8 September 2002
- Put locomotive data books back online in the
CNcyclopedia, after temporary absence.
- 29 July 2002
- Updated CNcyclopedia.
- 29 May 2002
- Updated Events section — CN Lines West 2002!
- 26 May 2002
- Updated CNcyclopedia, MLW road switchers.
- 6 May 2002
- Added December 74 edition of the CN Locomotive Data
Book to the CNcyclopedia, in the motive power (locomotive) section.
- 20 April 2002
- Updated the Events section — Rail Portage 2002!
- 14 April 2002
- New in the Modelling section: new model of the
month, new info on paint.
- 2 April 2002
- New info in the Projects section about CN decals.
New prices for back issues in the CN Lines section.
- 3 March 2002
- Updated diesel rosters and fleet history sections of
- 6 January 2002
- Updated most sections of the CNcyclopedia.
- 17 December 2001
- Added new model of the month in the Modelling
- 15 December 2001
- Updated the prototype model lists and list of
manufacturers' contact info, both in the Modelling section (again).
- 2 December 2001
- Updated the prototype model lists and added a
list of manufacturers' contact info, both in the Modelling section.
- 27 November 2001
- Updated many of the locomotive fleet histories
and the diesel rosters. Added the 1964 diesel unit data book in
electronic format in the CNcyclopedia under motive power.
- 10 October 2001
- Updated many of the locomotive fleet history
sections in the CNcyclopedia as well as the locomotive rosters. Added
new sections on GP7 locomotives and MLW road switchers.
- 5 June 2001
- Updated many of the locomotive fleet history sections
in the CNcyclopedia.
- 12 May 2001
- Updated the MLW switchers section in the CNcyclopedia
fleet histories and photos — new photos and updated text.
- 22 April 2001
- Added new feature in Model of the Month portion of
the Modelling section.
- 1 April 2001
- Updated Modelling section, prototypical model lists.
- 19 March 2001
- Updated prototypical model listings in the
- 7 March 2001
- Added Model of the Month feature to the
- 6 March 2001
- Updated CNcylcopedia — another major update to the
MLW locomotive section, switchers.
- 19 February 2001
- Updated CNcyclopedia, including major update to
the MLW locomotive section. Udpated CNLines magazine index to
- 7 February 2001
- Updated CNcyclopedia. Updated Models section and
added new subsection there on modelling paint equivalents.
- 26 December 2000
- Updated colour locomotive diagrams at the top of
most locomotive fleet histories in the CNcyclopedia. These are courtesy
of Shane Stewart who holds the copyright on them, except for the one on
the F-unit page which is based on a diagram by Jacques Bélanger.
- 18 December 2000
- Updated diesel rosters and fleet histories in
- 17 December 2000
- Replaced modelling section with completely new
- 27 November 2000
- Updated locomotive rosters, adding entries for
- 23 November 2000
- Updated locomotive rosters, greatly increasing
the number of retired switchers listed.
- 17 November 2000
- Updated locomotive rosters and fleet histories.
- 10 October 2000
- Updated locomotive rosters and some links in the
- 17 September 2000
- Updated locomotive rosters and histories in
CNcyclopedia. Applied new look (see 10 September) to the rest of the
pages in the CNcyclopedia.
- 10 September 2000
- Gave the site a bit of a new look on an
experimental basis — applied to all pages except the lower levels of
the CNcyclopedia and the search result pages. The active buttons on the
Control Panel at the top left of each page now change colour as the
mouse travels over them; there is also a different default text font
- 19 August 2000
- Put new information online in the CNET section to
reflect the new CNET discussion list location on e-groups.
- 26 July 2000
- Updated diesel roster and fleet histories in the
- 4 July 2000
- Added first round of photos to show what happened at
the CN Lines West Double Nought gathering. See Events. The photos are in
the middle of the epic poem — scroll down. More photos to come.
- 3 July 2000
- Updated the SD40 fleet history, added modern photo of
6043 in the Prairie Steam section, and added photos of a continuous
welded rail train in the Rolling Stock / other cars and equipment
section. All these are in the CNcyclopedia.
- 1 July 2000
- Added official chronicles of the CN Lines East and
West gatherings. See the Activities section.
- 17 June 2000
- Put new search engine online in the Help/Search
section. This works a lot better than the old one.
- 11 June 2000
- Put new information in Projects section.
- 5 June 2000
- Changed the modelling section — new contact name for
ideas and input.
- 3 June 2000
- Updated CNcyclopedia (new links), with numerous
updates to the CN locomotive rosters and fleet histories.
- 13 May 2000
- Minor updates to the Modelling section and to
- 4 May 2000
- Added a major update of the Courtesy and Service
Bridges section; it now includes photos. See the Misc Info part of the
CNcyclopedia. Added list of clinics to be presented at Millennium 2000
in Winnipeg; see the Events section.
- 3 May 2000
- Updated the diesel locomotive rosters in the
CNcyclopedia as well as some of the locomotive histories.
- 1 May 2000
- Updated CNcyclopedia to fix some outdated links.
- 21 April 2000
- After testing and review by select group of CN
Lines SIG members, site is declared ready for operation.